Little girls pluck the petals from a flower and dream their way to the colorful last one. “He loves me. He loves me not,” they repeat. Middle school boys exhibit awkwardness when that certain someone is close by. Youths and adults seek companionship and intimacy. Everyone wants a love that will last a lifetime.
The “Lighthouse Lamp” which illuminates the sexual, emotional, and spiritual uniting of two individuals is the seventh of the Ten Commandments included in my current blog series. This human relations directive points toward faithfulness within the sacred union of marriage. Many persons, even those in the church, find this directive difficult to follow. But God can forgive disobedience to any of his laws, including unfaithfulness, if the offender is repentant, asks for forgiveness, and pledges himself/herself to fidelity going forward.
Read today’s Scriptures below in your choice of English, French, Spanish, and German. You also might want to hear God’s Word aloud by going to the audio in an app such as Google Translate. Then determine if these words are speaking to your heart and life.
English—You shall not commit adultery. Exodus 20:14 NIV (Holy Bible New International Version)
Français—Tu ne commettras pas d’adultère. Exode 20.14 NFC (La Sainte Bible Nouvelle Français Courant)
Español—No cometas adulterio. Éxodo 20.14 DHH94 (La Santa Biblia Dios Habla Hoy)
Deutsch—Du sollst nicht die Ehe brechen! 2.Mose/Exodus 20,14 HFA (Die Bibel, Hoffnung Für Alle)
- Activity-based Early Readers
- Designed for Ages 5-8 (and great for Pre-readers, too!)
- Each book contains a standalone story (the series may be read in any order)
- Each book contains fun, educational activities relating to the story
- Beautifully illustrated by Louisville artist and educator Courtney Coriell Williams
- Available for sale in high-quality matte paperback editions and as e-books.