Welcome to my blog! I’m Connie Carlisle Polley, the Nonny of Nonny’s Blog and also the creator of the Nonny Day Series (NonnyDay.com). The series is a collection of children’s books for early readers which are designed to open the child’s mind and heart to a love of learning and of life.
Short bio: I am a Poet, Songwriter, Author of Children’s Books, and an Essayist/Inspirational Writer. My latest musical composition for soloist and choir is Sing Hallelujah, Give Him Your Heart! My latest children’s book from the Nonny Day Series is Alphabet Excursion & Higgledy-Piggledy. One of my recent essays is Music’s Magic Healing Place.
The longer version: It is not by chance that I am called “Nonny.” I chose that name many years before I had grandchildren. Someone casually mentioned to me that he called his grandmother “Nonny.” I had heard many grandmother names but not that one. So, that’s when I fell in love with the sound of “Nonny.” And it was made more special for me because it rhymed with my first name “Connie.”
So down the road, my grandbabies said “Nah . . . Nah” and “Nee . . . Nee” as I coaxed them to call me “Nonny” until they finally said that beautiful grandmother name.
In this blog I share a few of my reflections on life with a little laughter and a lot of love. I am not confined to one genre or one style. You’ll find poems, lyrics, children’s stories, and both instructional and inspirational essays.
My goal is to post one new blog each week (I usually post on Friday mornings). If you sign up to receive email notifications of a new post, you can be assured your mailbox is not bombarded with daily messages about my blog.
Some of my life-learning experiences include:
- Mom to Three Children and Nonny to Five Grandchildren
- Sanctuary Choir Member for More than Fifty Years
- Teacher to Middle and High School French and Spanish Students in Public and Private Schools
- Chair of High School Foreign Language Department
- Spanish Instructor to Adults in Church Setting
- Parent Leader in My Children’s High School Band Association
- Choir Director to Preschool through Middle School Children in Church Music
- Children’s Choir Coordinator of Music Directors, Pianists, and Workers in Church Weekly/Seasonal Programs
- Co-Teacher to Young Deaf Children in Church Sunday School
- Substitute Teacher to Public School Students in Grades 1-12
In other words, there’s been a lot going on! I hope you feel that the above credentials qualify me to dare to ask you to take just a little time once in awhile to let me share some of my thoughts and creations with you.
Nonny’s Blog is constantly evolving and I would love for you to come back from time to time to see if there is something that can add a little joy or a little reflection to your day.
Follow me via email (or your WordPress account) to receive a notice of my weekly post: