We see it all around us: cars stolen, vehicles broken into; valuables stripped from a home or shop through break-in and entry; packages snatched from a front porch; retail merchandise slipped out of a store; someone’s identity information used in a fraudulent manner; take-overs of personal, corporate, and governmental online systems through hacking. The list goes on and on.
In my blog post snippet series “Lighthouse Lamps,” I’ve presented directives from the Holy Bible’s Ten Commandments. The first four deal with our relationship with God. The last six instructions are meant to be the guide in our interpersonal relationships.
What light does the eighth Lighthouse Lamp shine on the action, “I’ll just help myself, thank you”? View what this Scripture says below as we find it in English, French, Spanish, and German. You might want to listen to it by going to an app such as Google Translate. Examine your heart to see how these words can be applied to your life.
English—You shall not steal. Exodus 20:15 NIV (Holy Bible New International Version)
Français—Tu ne commettras pas de vol. Exode 20.15 NFC (La Sainte Bible Nouvelle Français Courant)
Español—No robes. Éxodo20.15 DHH94 (La Santa Biblia Dios Habla Hoy 1994)
Deutsch—Du sollst nicht stehlen! 2.Mose/Exodus 20,15 HFA (Die Bibel, Hoffnung Für Alle)
- Activity-based Early Readers
- Designed for Ages 5-8 (and great for Pre-readers, too!)
- Each book contains a standalone story (the series may be read in any order)
- Each book contains fun, educational activities relating to the story
- Beautifully illustrated by Louisville artist and educator Courtney Coriell Williams
- Available for sale in high-quality matte paperback editions and as e-books.