Dear Nonny’s Blog Readers,
I am happy to announce that the third book in my Nonny Day Series is now published! The book is called Alphabet Excursion and Higgledy-Piggledy. With its highly unusual and sophisticated rhymes, games, and songs, it is designed to delight pre- and early readers. It is perfect for the young child who is primarily learning by listening and looking, but it also will hold the attention of the older child who is associating printed letters with vocabulary.
The Nonny Day Series is designed to prepare early readers to be successful students of language, learning, and life! Each book contains a fun story and hand-painted illustrations, plus ideas for engaging with children in meaningful and educational activities. All aim to nurture a child’s feelings of self-esteem and self-worth. Books may be read in any order.
In this book you’ll find…
- A colorful excursion into letters and sounds, the building blocks of language, and “BIG” words!
- Word games designed for vocabulary building
- A bouncy bonus rhyme: “Higgledy-Piggledy” makes straightening up more fun!
Each book in the series features…
- Read-aloud-rhyme which is known to enhance the child’s brain to learn and retain new information
- A standalone story and activities (series may be read in any order)
- Nurturing Tips from Nonny for parents, grandparents, caregivers and teachers
- Hand-painted illustrations by artist and teacher, Courtney Coriell Williams
Created especially for…
- Beginning Readers and Pre-Readers
- Ages 5-8 and younger
- Preschool, Kindergarten, and First Grade classes
- School, Homeschool, and Community Libraries
- Young people learning to read, parents-to-be, grandparents-to-be, and all caregivers
Thanks for reading Nonny’s Blog! Please feel free to SHARE…
Book 3 in the Nonny Day Series Published
By Connie Carlisle Polley, 2021
3 thoughts on “My 3rd Children’s Book is Here!”
Congratulations on publishing your 3rd children’s book. I enjoy reading your blog.
Congrats on #3. So exciting!
Thanks! Yes, it is exciting!